At what point does your daughter go from being your "baby girl" to your "little girl?" I think Gabriana is at that point in her life where she has gone from baby to girl and it hit me this past Saturday.
Gabby has been taking ballet and tap lessons since March and this past weekend was her end of the year recital. This was a milestone for not only her but Brad and I as parents as this was the first time we've signed Gabby up in anything other than church related stuff. As I helped her get ready in the afternoon and the time approached for us to leave and go to the school for the performance, I just looked at her and thought, "Oh my gosh! She's not a baby anymore. We are going to an event in which I will leave her in a large room with other little girls and she will come out onto the stage and (hopefully) perform." It hit me like a ton of bricks and as I did her hair and make up, all of the memories of her when she was a baby came flooding back.
So we got to the recital and she took off to be with the other girls to play until her turn was up. She turned around and waved and I ran after her to give her that kiss on the forehead and tell her "mommy loves you." Then, I went and took my seat in the auditorium. Gabby came out and did great! I feared that she would freeze up when she got out there but she didn't and she did just fine. I am so proud of her!
Although I hate to see the baby days end ALREADY, I look forward to the future with excitement, having quality "girl time" with my baby girl. Yes, she will ALWAYS be my Baby Girl!
If you'd like to see pictures from the recital, check out our website: www.beemanfamily.myphotoalbum.com
I promise to one day figure out how to post pictures on my blog! Thanks for reading!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time is going so fast, pretty soon we will be sitting around complaining about the weather and waiting for our social security check to come in the mail.
Post a Comment