Sunday, October 5, 2008

Coffee

Have you ever had a conversation take place in your house between you and your spouse that your kids overheard and just would not let die??? Well, we recently had one and I just have to share......

A few weeks ago, I had coffee with a friend. Now, you have to understand, I don't typically drink coffee, even when I go to Starbucks the most "coffee" type of drink I get is a mocha. So I had this coffee because I was feeling like trying something new and I actually kind of liked it! So later that week, I went to the store and bought the creamer that I liked and decided I would enjoy having a cup of coffee from time to time at home. After all, my mother did insist that I have a coffee pot in my home for use when I have company! Later that night, I was talking to Brad and here's how the conversation went:

ME: "I had coffee the other day with Laelya and I kind of liked it, I think I'll start drinking it more."

BRAD: "That really is not a good habit to start." Why would you want to start drinking coffee now? You don't need any more caffeine."

ME: No answer....I shoot him a confused look like why do you care so much and just let the conversation go....it didn't matter, I already had the creamer I wanted in the fridge, ready for me whenever!

ENTER GABBY INTO CONVERSATION: "Brad, you don't need to tell mommy she can't drink coffee! She can drink it if she wants to! You don't need to tell her what to do!"

BRAD: Has now zoned back into football game on t.v. and probably doesn't even remember the conversation.

GABBY: Goes on her way....conversation over!

So time goes on, at least a week and every time Gabby hears the word coffee, she insists on telling Brad (in a tone of voice she has only heard her mother speak) that he doesn't need to tell me I can't have coffee! Well, this morning we were in the car, traveling to church and I announced to Brad that I have a giftcard to use at the cafe` at church for a free coffee and if Gabby didn't pipe right up and say, "Brad, don't you even think about telling mommy she can't have coffee this morning. She can have some if she wants to!"

Brad remains quiet and I know he was probably thinking....."I do not need two Stacy's to tell me what to do!"
Just had to share!


3 comments:

Myah said...

Go Gabby! :)

Melissa Dontz said...

Haha! So cute..she's starting out young! :)

I know for a fact that my dad thinks that same thought when my sister and I tell him what to do/not do! I think it's definitely a female thing!

Shannon B. said...

Just read this one! Gabby sounds hilarious! You tell her Miss Shannon said to tell that Brad about "anti-oxidants!" Coffee is filled with 'em, and great to drink every day! :)