THERE IS STILL GOOD IN THE WORLD! As you may or may not know, after Nomar passed away, we got Gabby a new bunny. We named her "Emmy." When we went to the store to pick a bunny out, I specifically told the guy helping us, "We want a female." He then said, "All the rabbits in this cage are females. You can pick any one out." So, thinking the guy knew what he was talking about, we picked out our "Emmy" and have loved her ever since.
During that first week that she was here, (about 2 weeks ago) I noticed that Emmy was peeing out of her cage. Gross, I know! But, being the country girl that I am, I thought that seemed weird. I never had that problem with Nomar. That was why I wanted a female, in addition to the fact that I didn't want to have to worry about spaying/neutering.
Well, last week, I decided to "check things out" for myself and see if Emmy really was the girly girl that the pet store clerk claimed her to be. GUESS WHAT?! HE WAS WRONG! That's right, our dear little Emmy is now Emmitt. Now wait, it gets even better...........
so, now knowing that we have a male that is going to need to be neutered (I am not dealing with his spraying much longer) I started calling around to vet offices today to see what the going rate was for a neuter. While doing this, I get half annoyed because I'm thinking, I went in there asking for a female and left thinking I bought a female and now SURPRISE! gotcha! I called my mom and was telling her about it and then I said, "I've got half a mind to call that pet store and see if they will help me pay for the neuter." I know Gabby's not going to want an exchange and I can't even blame her. At this point, we've had Emmit almost a month, she's pretty attached. My mom agrees that it's not a bad idea so, exit convo with mom and dial up the pet store. I kindly tell them my situation and at first they tell me they can give me an exchange if I bring the rabbit in. I let them know that my daughter is pretty attached and that's not going to work. At this point, I'm ready to call it a loss and not worry too much further about it. Then, the clerk I'm talking to says, "Hold on a minute." and I hear her talking again to her manager. She gets back on the phone and says, "If you can come in today, we'll refund your money." WHAT? You'll REFUND MY MONEY? Wow! I wasn't expecting a full refund. So, after school, I haul the kids to the pet store and they give me my money back! I was floored!
I am so impressed with their kindness that I will recommend them to anyone and from now on, when I have pet needs, they will get my business. Thank you, "Petland" on Maysville Rd. You're the best!
On the agenda for tomorrow, calling one of those vets back and getting a neuter appt. made!
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment