Thursday, January 20, 2011

Torn With Feelings of Guilt

Back in October, our church planted a new campus up here, on our side of town. At the time, Brad and I were so excited about the thought of having a shorter drive to church as well as being able to help plant this church. From the start, I was hesitant to dive right into serving as I had just stepped down from our MOPS group in May and had really backed off on the number of houses I was cleaning in July when Brad went back to the coorporate world. I was very much enjoying serving our family and just being able to spend more time with the kids. I had "taken things off my plate" so to speak and it felt good....very good. I was at peace. So, I volunteered to bake cookies 2 Sundays per month. This was a good fit for me but I still felt guilty for not doing more and at the same time, I felt God was saying, "Just rest and serve your family."

When we chose to start attending the north campus, we had no idea the void we would feel by not seeing our friends at church every Sunday. I honestly thought that since I saw them at playdates and small group, I would be fine. We both found that we were mistaken. There's just something about being with friends when you are praising and worshipping our Lord and Savior. We missed it, alot.

So, after a lot of discussion, and prayer, we have decided to make the drive back to the southwest side for church. I am torn because I feel like we need to stay on the north side and help them grow as well as I know Carson did so well in the classes there. On the southwest side, he tends to get overwhelmed due to all the kids in the room. With that being said, Brad and I both agree that we are at an age and a time in our lives that we need to do what's best for us and our family and not worry about what others are going to think about our decision.

I look forward to worshipping with our friends again, I just need to get over the feelings of guilt I am having.

No comments: