Monday, December 8, 2008

4 going on 16

Just had to share a conversation that Gabby and I recently had. To set the stage, I have a few houses that I clean on Wednesday's and Friday's so on Friday morning, I leave and go clean and then return home in time to take Gabby to preschool. Here's what was said:

I'm sitting at the counter eating lunch. I am wearing an old blue jogging suit. Gabby approaches and sits beside me at the counter.

Gabby: "I hope you're not planning to wear that when you drop me off at school."
Stacy: "Well, I don't have enough time to change so yeah, this is what I'm wearing."
Gabby: "Well, the teachers are gonna smell you."
Stacy: "I'm not gonna get that close to your teachers."
Gabby: "They're still gonna smell you."
Stacy: "Too bad, it's time to go."

I just had to laugh to myself, knowing this is most likely not the last time we will have a conversation like that.

2 comments:

Melissa Dontz said...

HAHA! too funny! i can't believe how quickly they are both growing up! i still remember going to your house in noblesville to see gabby....craziness!!

Melissa said...

PLEASE tell me that you got EXTRA close to her teachers. My favorite hobby is trying to hold Isaiah's hand in public. ahahahahahah (evil laugh)