Sunday, January 25, 2009

Soccer Girl



So this isn't a very good picture (none of them came out very good) but I wanted to post Gabby's latest interest. She tried ballet last spring and talked about soccer all fall so when an opportunity came up through her preschool, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. Every Saturday morning, until March, Gabby is participating in lessons in soccer fundmentals. For the first 30 minutes they are learning all the skills to soccer and then they scrimage for the last half hour. This has been something that Brad has taken an active part in getting her prepared with shoes, socks, shin guards, etc....it's been fun to watch them get ready for it. When we went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get her stuff a couple of weeks ago, we were all getting out of the car to go in and I was informed, by Gabby, that this was something that just her and daddy were going to do. Carson and I weren't even allowed to enter the store so we trudged off to the pet store and then on the furniture store to kill time. When we met back up, she was so proud of her pink shin guards and was pumped to get started. Gabby has very much enjoyed playing soccer and it gives us a chance to see some of the kids that she attends preschool with as well as meet their parents. I must say, mommy an daddy are so proud of her!

No comments: