Friday, June 5, 2009

Black Birds

So, we've got a little problem at the Beeman House. We seem to have a family of blackbirds that have nested in our gutters on the highest corner of our house. While I don't like them and I despise the mess they are making out of the back of my house (bird poop on almost every window and all over the siding), it really is funny to watch Brad. I giggle and call him out to the kitchen in the evening to let him know his friends are outside looking for things to take back to the nest and he almost comes unglued. What he'd really like to do is find a B B Gun and shoot at them but I think he's refraining out of fear that we may get a "Redneck" sign up in our yard if he does. He has put in a call to "Creatures Great and Small" and we are planning to have them come soon to help the birds find their way out. This is the second summer we've had trouble with them, last summer they kept getting into our grill and building nests. Yes, every time we wanted to grill, we had to clean it out and get a good fire going before we could put food on the grill. There are some birds I love...but blackbirds aren't one of them!

No comments: