It's been awhile since I last posted. Over 6 weeks to be exact. There was a time a couple of weeks ago that life was so hectic, I couldn't catch my breath. I had been cleaning some extra houses and felt as if Brad and I were meeting each other coming....and going. It took his dad's surgery to break us out of our crazy routines so we could take a day and head to Noblesville to see him. Having time in the car with Brad was good for both of us. With my sister getting married in just 8 days, there have been many opportunities to share with her what has helped Brad and I to "make it" in our marriage. The one thing I always stress is that communication is so important and yet, while I was giving this advice, I wasn't taking it myself. There was finally a day that I just broke down as I felt like I was living under the same roof as the love of my life and NEVER saw him. Our "communication" was all taking place through email or phone conversation throughout the day because our evenings are usually consumed with our kids or other activities or meetings. I missed my husband and I wanted him back! I wanted the time that I used to get with him. So, you can understand why I was more than happy to take off for Noblesville, knowing I would get the one on one time that I needed with him and I'd even get to share a meal with him...ALONE! No kids, no interruptions. Just Brad and I. It was great!
After our day together, I felt like I was refreshed and ready to go on. I felt like I got the time I needed with him and although I don't get to see him as much as I'd like, it's those little bouts of one on one time that mean so much to me! Thank you, Brad.
So what have we been busy doing? Well, about 4 weeks ago, we had our annual garage sale. This is the third year we've done it and I always wonder if it's worth all the work and trouble. We didn't make much money off of it this year but I always feel better after it's done because I don't bring much (if anything) back into the house once it's out so there's a sense of accomplishment knowing I got rid of a bunch of stuff.
I also completed another year as MOPS coordinator at our church. It was a crazy year with it being such a long winter and many meetings were cancelled but the year ended on a good note and I look forward to next year.
Brad is keeping busy at the office and still LOVES his job. I have tried to simplify my own life by only cleaning on Wednesdays so that he can spend more time at the office. He also took over a vacated position on our Home Association Board so that takes him to meetings at least once a month.
In the midst of this, we are still a family with young members and so we keep busy just being mommy and daddy to Carson and Gabby. With as much frustration as we sometimes experience with this job, Brad and I love it and they are our pride and joy. I used to say that one day, this will slow down and one day, it may but until then, I'm doing my best at just trying to hold it all together and take care of what's important. I'm learning to say no to things in order to simplify and it's helping.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment