Some of you may not know this but, we have got the World's Cutest Boy living right here, under our roof! Now, some days, his cuteness is all he's got going for himself because he's having a rough day but no matter what, he's adorable. I can hardly stand it when those big brown eyes look at me with frustration or sadness in them but my favorite is when he smiles, not only with his mouth but with his whole face.
Bedtime is a great time to see this. He loves to have me lay down with him in his new bed so we lay down together and I rub his back for a few minutes. I always ask him if he'd like me to sing but the answer is always, "NO!" So we just lay there in silence. He knows he's supposed to be trying to sleep so sometimes, if he isn't wanting to be held, I just turn my back to him so he'll settle down. The best part is when I roll over and open my eyes and his meet mine. As soon as he sees me looking at him, he squints his eyes shut as hard as he can and crinkles up his nose and then just smiles from ear to ear. It never fails, I can't help but giggle out loud and then he opens his eyes and giggles too!
As much as I dread fighting the bedtime battle with the kids at night, this is one of my favorites! It will make a great story for me to tell him someday.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so sweet, he is such a cutie! I can't wait to make memories like that with our kids :)
Post a Comment