"Love Deeper." Hmmm, how can I do this when I feel like I pour out all the love I possibly can to my kids all day, every day? The Bible says that we should "love our neighbor as ourselves" and I gotta admit that if I did that EVERY day, they wouldn't be feeling much love from me because I don't feel much love for myself when I'm exhausted and feel like I've put in 46 hours in a 24 hour time span. So how do we love deeper? Well, that was our study last week. Here are some questions to think about...
1. What are some of the barriers you have to verbalizing your love? What can you do to overcome those barriers?
2. Think about how you can speak your love in more unexpected ways. How can you remind yourself to do this?
3. Is there a relationship where you need to apply this kind of love? Ask God to help you. He is the author of this love.
Proverbs 10:12 says, "Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs." This verse is so true! If you think about it, if we loved and treated everyone unconditionally, as we do our own children, this world would be a COMPLETELY different place. There are times we get angry and frustrated with our kids, spouse or family member and yet we forgive and move on because we love them so much.
So, my challenge to you is to love deeper. Love your family deeper, love your neighbor deeper and love your boss deeper! And yes, if you've had a friendship go sour, try loving them and see what happens. In closing....
Romans 12:9-10 "Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other."
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment