Wow! Seems like the month of January is flying me by. Maybe that will mean that spring will come fast for me! ha! Lots of "blogging thoughts" have been lingering in my mind with no time to actually blog them so since I had a cup of coffee way too late tonight and the house is quiet, it leaves me alone, with my thoughts.
January 12 always brings back thoughts of Jason. Jason was a guy that my sister dated when she was in high school. Eight years ago yesterday marked his death. He was driving and slid on a patch of ice, died instantly. Every year on this date, I remember feeling so saddened by his untimely death and how I took off work after just starting a new job to go up for the viewing and funeral. My sister was a mess. I remember going up and trying to be her support. It wasn't until I got back home to Noblesville that I actually mourned his death myself. He had been around our house for nearly 2 years. He loved working with animals and would go and help dad in the barns quite often. He was so comfortable at our house that if he got tired, he'd just lay down on the floor and go to sleep. With them being so young, I never really thought that Jen and Jason would get married but he became sort of like a brother to me. He always brought laughter into the house.
It wasn't long after Jason died that my rabbit, which I had gotten in college died (at a young age for a rabbit, I might add). Under normal circumstances, I would have been saddened to lose Baylor but with the previous events, I was devastated. He lived in the apartment with me and was cage trained. Baylor was my first "pet" after moving out of mom and dad's. This then led me to get Benny who is our mini-daschund and oh my what a life he has led and pet he has turned out to be! He deserves a whole post all to himself. Benny was my therapy during those tough days and he will always have a special place in my heart!
January 13 is also a special day to me, but in a good way. It's my grandpa's birthday! Today he turned 84 years old and I have very much enjoyed knowing him more and taking the time to sit and listen to stories he has to tell. I also love watching him sit and watch Gabby and Carson. He loves both of them but I think Carson has a piece of his heart that no one else will ever get! Happy Birthday, Grandpa! You are an amazing individual and I am so blessed to be your flesh and blood! I love you!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment