So...I know that it's the last day of January but I thought I'd better take the month to think about my resolutions rather than just say what they are and watch myself blow them. So here's are my resolutions....
1. Lose 10 more pounds. A year ago, I lost 20 and then fell off the wagon. I knew this wasn't going to start while we were in Florida so I went ahead and took the whole month to prepare. In fact, Brad and I start a new contest, along with Brad's mom tomorrow to see who can go the most distance on our exercise machines during the month of February. I'm excited for the challenge and know that this will also motivate me to eat better. So, Brad and I have been eating like there may be no food in the house tomorrow so we can get it out of our systems and be ready to be on the fast track to healthy!
2. My only other resolution is to spend less time on Facebook (hold your gasps!) as well as less time checking email. I have become an addict to this since Gabby was little as it was quite often, my only form of adult interaction while Brad was away at work. It's so mindless and always just seemed like a good break. I mean, come on...I could be smoking pot, right? Just kidding! So, my goal for this year is to spend less time on email and FB and more time reading, spending time with the kids, blogging or even cleaning my own house. I've learned that I can rest my body and mind in so many better ways than the internet. I think they are great ways to get in touch with those you haven't seen in a long time but I need to not let it dominate my time so much!
So there they are...short, fairly simple, when you think about it. Now, DOING it will be a battle but I'm ready to try it. I need a life change. Gabby will be 6 next month and her foundation is here and she needs to get it here. I can't give that to her if I'm checking the latest posts!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment