Around Christmas time, Gabby put the game, "Sorry", which she calls "Sorry Sliders" on her list of wants. I knew as soon as she said she wanted that game that Santa or I would be the one to get it for her. As a child, we used to go spend the night at my grandparent's on both sides. I always found that you did different things at each house which made it a great time, no matter where you went. Well, at Grandma and Grandpa Lambright's, many a nights we spent playing board games, Uno or Skip-Bo. There were many memories made there. I remember sitting around their table like it was yesterday. I also remember the way grandpa would not let us quit a game early. If we started it, we had to finish it and if grandma ever overrode his motion because the kids were tired, he was not happy.
Anyway, let's just say Gabby got "Sorry Sliders" for Christmas and we've had a great time playing it. From time to time, Carson wants to play with us which usually turns out to be a near train wreck but we don't stop him from quitting if he so chooses. Instead, we're happy! Until he gets older, we'll just let him play at his own discretion. Gabby, I hope you gain as many memories from simple board games as your mama did!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment