Well, my baby turned 3 last week and it is so hard to believe! We've covered a lot of ground since the summer with him and he's made vast improvements. He officially "graduated" from First Steps last week because he aged out. I think both of his therapists would have continued services just to keep seeing him if it was their choice. They LOVED him and I think they liked the idea that when they entered our home, there was a parent present that did not expect them to "fix" him on their own. I feel confident that he made great gains in Occupational Therapy and won't need anymore. He qualified through the school to receive one hour per week, 3 times per month so he started that the second week of February and the first two sessions have gone well. I am so proud of him and although our days are occasionally still rough with him, we feel like we've given him a good foundation to learn how to cope with how he's feeling. I only expect that there will be speed bumps along the way from now on but know that we can handle whatever happens. I am so happy we decided to have him evaluated in the spring, I don't know where we'd be today without the help.
So, he had a busy, but fun birthday last week. He slept in until I had to wake him up for a MOPS meeting (something I always hate doing, waking kids up). He was dealing with an ear infection and the antibiotics had kicked in so he was finally sleeping all night again. After MOPS, we dropped Gabby off at school and took off for the Dollar Store, one of his favs, to get a few things and pick out a birthday balloon to which he of course, picked a Disney Cars balloon.
We then went to speech and came home to play a game and spend some one on one before we had to pick Gabby up from school.
That night, we made pancakes and bacon for dinner, his favorite! We then finished the meal off with some extra carbs...strawberry cake with white frosting. I told Brad it was very obviously "Carb Day" at the Beeman house. He had a great time and opened up a couple new gifts. After the day was over, he was pretty tired and slept very well as a 3 year old!
Our next journey will be potty training and I'm dreading it to say the least. He is not showing any interest so I think it's time for mommy to take matters into her own hands. Hopefully, I will be able to make this a fun experience for both of us.
We have so much enjoyed having you, Carson as a part of our family and feel so very blessed to have you as a part of it. You bring us much joy and laughter from day to day and your personality is really blooming. We all look forward to watching you grow! Love you so much!
We will be celebrating his birthday with the extended family on Saturday so I will post pics soon.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment