Monday, March 29, 2010

The Broken Beads

Just over 3 years ago, I lost one of my grandmothers. When she passed, my mom brought some of her old bead necklaces to Gabby so she could play dress up with them. Well, over time, when a little girl plays with them, they occasionally break. A clasp breaks or the beads come apart. Yesterday, as I was working on organizing Gabby's bedroom, I came across some broken beads that used to belong to my grandma. If it would have been any other dress up jewelry that she had that was broken, I would have thrown it away but these beads were different, they were my grandma's and I couldn't bring myself to pitch them so I placed them back in her jewelry box as a memory of grandma. I love you, grandma, and can't wait to see you again in Heaven!

No comments: