Gabby and the girls while
she opens her gifts.
Carson thinking he's "one of
the girls" while Gabby gets
food orders put in with daddy.
Last weekend was Gabby's birthday! She is now officially, six years old! She had decided that she wanted to have her birthday party with school friends this year and that she'd like it to be held at Crazy Pins which, in my opinion, was much better than Chuck E. Cheese! While I still felt the need to bathe both kids when the party was over, I didn't have that urge to dump bleach in the tub like I had in past years!
Crazy Pinz was a great place to hold the party. We had 8 girls, including Gabby and while I thought I had it all under control, I thank God for the two moms that offered to stay and help out! I had no idea how nerve racking it could be to keep all 8 girls together and then to remember all of their names on top of it! So, we got them set up with bowling and I think only had to call the staff over 6 times to remove balls and pins in the alley! Not bad! After bowling, we took them and got them a bite to eat and birthday cake and then did gifts. Lastly, they ran off to the ball pit which was a lot like a gigantic McDonald's playland! Carson went in with them and I was so proud of Gabby for taking him by the hand and letting the other girls go ahead of her while she looked out for him. She is such a great big sister!
After Brad and I made sure each girl was with the correct parent, we gathered our stuff and walked outside. I think my words to him were, "Well, we survived!" I was so exhausted! However, Gabby had a great time and I think all the other girls did too and that's what mattered to me! It's amazing to me that she is 6, she acts even older than that at times and I feel like time is slipping through my hands. We very much enjoy her sense of humor and watching her grow! She is so fun!
Since Saturday was her official day, her and I left in the morning and she attended a baby shower with me. We had decided that we would eat lunch out for her birthday and also make a trip to Build-A-Bear because she had gotten a coupon for a "free" bear for her birthday. So, at 9:30, we departed for the shower. After the shower, we had lunch at Olive Garden, her choice but I must say, it's my fav place to eat so I was excited! Brad and Carson met us, along with mom and Jen since they were in town for the shower anyway.
After lunch, Gabby and I waltzed over to the mall where I had to drive for 15 minutes before finding a parking spot. Once we got into the mall, I knew I was in trouble. The mall was PACKED! I am not a fan of going to Build-A-Bear on the weekend, in fact, I boycott it because it's such a busy place. Long story short, let's just say we waited 40 minutes just to stuff the darn thing but it was so worth it. Gabby was so well behaved and we just talked about anything and everything that a 6 year old thinks about! Whew! It was her day and I wasn't in a hurry. I wanted her to enjoy it and I wanted to enjoy it with her.
Every year when her birthday comes around, I'm taken back to that day she was born. She came into the world at 2:27 in the morning. Visitors came and went her entire first day of life and I'll never forget that first full night we had with her, she had pretty much slept the whole day. I think she was on sensory overload. As soon as the last visitor left, she opened her eyes as wide as she could and just looked around. It was just her and I, it was at that point that I realized that she was mine and it was almost overwhelming! It was in that moment that I realized I was responsible for something way bigger than her tiny 6lb. 14 oz. size showed at that time. I was a parent! A MOMMY!
Gabby, your dad and I love you more than you'll ever know..."To the Moon and Back!" as we say and we're so proud of you and all you've done in your first 6 years of life! You brighten our days and make parenting an exciting and wonderful journey! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment