This is how Brad announced to our family that we are expecting a new bundle of joy, due to be here this fall. Yes, that's right, I am pregnant and it's probably past time that I write about it. I am currently 17 weeks and things are going great! Other than being really tired in the first trimester, I have been feeling great and doing well. We had our first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and everything looked great! We will have another ultrasound in 3 to 4 weeks and will then find out if we're having a boy or a girl.
Making another addition to our home was not something that we have been planning on since we got married. To be honest, after we had Gabby, Brad said he was done having kids. He only ever wanted one child to have and spoil. I always saw myself with 2 so I waited patiently for Brad and along came Carson. With two, life was great. It felt right, we had a boy and a girl and I had always seen myself with 2 so we both felt at that time we were done but for some reason, never got any permanent birth control and I'm so grateful we didn't.
Last July, when Brad started working for MedPro, he came up to me one day and mentioned possibly having another baby since we now had great insurance. I totally blew him off at that time because I was so settled and comfortable in the thought that we were done. Life is getting easier now with Carson being older AND potty trained. No more diaper bags, no dragging bottles, burp cloths and all the other supplies. We hop in the car and go! So, at that time, the thought of starting over was not appealing at all.
As time went on, I began thinking about it more and started feeling the desire to have another one. I don't know if my biological clock was also starting to tick or not but the idea of having another baby to hold and cuddle was appealing. For Brad, (and myself too) the thought of having a bigger family in the future was nice. We both agreed that as adults, we have fun with our siblings and enjoy each others company.
We set this topic on the table, as if it were a centerpiece for 6 months and agreed that in January we would make a final decision as to what we're going to do. We had both gone back and forth on the idea but for me, the emotional part was starting to take it's toll and I needed to know what we were doing with our future.
So....in the beginning of January......like literally, the 1st or 2nd, we decided we would start trying and just see what happened and by the end of the month.....well, you know the rest of the story!!!!
So....stay tuned for how we're progressing!!!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment