Wow! The month of May is all but gone and I have managed to fail at blogging. So many times through out the month, there have been topics that I've felt I'd really like to post on and it seems like a great idea in the middle of the afternoon but this is also when I'm picking Gabby up from school, helping her with homework, trying to keep Carson busy so I can help Gabby with her homework and then think about preparing dinner, or running Gabby to Daisies or leaving to go clean the office or house that I clean every other week. By the time I get the kids to bed and sit down at night, NOTHING seems like a good idea, other than laying on the couch and waiting to feel the baby kick!
So, with that being said, here is a quick update on what the month of May held for us....
Brad finally got his company car! He's so excited and he looks so cute driving around in it. The company furnishes Ford Escapes for the employees that drive an enormous amount of miles for work. Brad has never had a company car before and is enjoying the benefits of swiping a company card for gas (especially with prices being so high). To give you an idea of how many miles he drives, we are nearing the two week mark of him having his car and he's approaching 1,000 miles! Yep, that's a lot, considering he usually works from home two to three days a week. Brad still LOVES his job and I must admit, I love having him work from home! The kids and I are hoping to make a trip to Chicago with him in the near future when he has to go back to headquarters for a little mini-getaway so we can relax, swim and keep him company at night. He is doing great at his job and is exceeding goals by leaps and bounds! I'm so proud of him!
Gabby is preparing to finish up her first grade year. As I always say, where has the time gone? She has grown up to be such a beautiful, free spirited little girl and really helps out a lot around the house. She participated in Daisies this year which she loved as well as took Baton/Twirling and Pom lessons every Friday after school. her recital was held a couple of weeks ago and I was a proud mama sitting in the stands as she performed all the routines they had worked so hard all year for. We are finding that Gabby is a very good girl with a wonderful personality but she also finds herself bored quite a bit so we have to be creative and keep her busy. We're trying to find her "niche" and help her pursue it but it takes time. I refuse to be the parent that has their kids involved with so many activities that everyone's head spins because we meet each other coming and going.
Gabby, I love you and I am so glad God has blessed me enough to be your mom!
Carson just finished up his first year of preschool today. There's no way to say briefly how much this kid has changed since he started school in the fall. It's just amazing. Carson ended the school year being potty trained, he made his first friends, who he loves and cherishes, and has started to come out of his shell. During second semester, he started engaging with the kids more and he looked forward to going to school every day! When preschool starts in the fall, Carson will attend the same school and will go for 3 days a week instead of two. Carson is also going to attend a summer camp put on by his teacher for social skills and music. He is our little musician and loves making noise. I think he will enjoy camp and this will also be a good time for Gabby and I to spend time together. Carson, I look at you and am so happy with all the things you have accomplished in the last year! Keep working hard, the world is yours to have! I love you.
As for me, well, I continue to keep the house running (with the help of Brad) am still growing a baby inside me. We are currently at 23 weeks and now know whether we're having a boy or girl, a post I will save for later. I have been feeling great overall but do find myself exhausted by the end of the day. Brad has been great about allowing me time for rest and naps when he is working from home. I could have never guessed that I would feel so good with this pregnancy, after the way the last one went but I am blessed!
Life is busy! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going and how fast LIFE is going! I fear this summer will fly by, just like any other summer and I will find myself sad that the kids are back in school but we also have another blessing that will be very close to arriving by that point so I know my mind will be racing. God is good, and so is life!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment