I had a bad night with the kids...it was just crazy. I complained to Brad and allowed myself to get way too stressed out over some crying and temper tantrums. It was just bad and I couldn't wait until bed time...but it didn't actually come for Gabby until an hour after I tucked her in. What a night!
You're probably wondering why I am starting off my blog like this. Well, as you read this, there is a man by the name of R.D. Reid lying in a hospital bed in Indianapolis. He is my age, has a very loving wife and cute little girl and he was involved in a horrible lawn mower accident almost 2 weeks ago. I have never met them but they are good friends with one of my good friends and so she has passed on their story in hopes of increasing the number of prayers going up for them. I have been keeping up with them through the Caring Bridge website and recently was reading about how he was doing. He has been told that he is paralyzed from the waist down and he suffered horrible burns over 30% of his body. His prognosis is not good but he will live. PLEASE PRAY FOR A MIRACLE!! He is a pastor trying to spread God's word.
I tell you this because in a recent post, his wife was sharing about how hard it is to stay positive right now so she has begun listing praises for things that she is grateful for. The praises are simple but they are real......something I know I need to be more focused on and not let myself get out of control when the kids are screaming. I'm sure the Reid family would do anything to get their old life back.....just a thought! And please keep the Reid family in your prayers.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Absolutely! R.D. said he misses the simple things like curling up in bed beside his wife. Smelling her hair. I am sure he would do anything to be at home with his daughter while she is throwing fits. Being a Mom is not easy! Focus on your blessings. You are blessed! Enjoy every day with healthy kids. It could all change in a second. Love you!!!
Post a Comment