Monday, September 15, 2008

A visit to "The Luke"


Back in early August, we were again surprised with tickets to a professional sports game by my parents! This time it was the Colts vs. Da Bears!!! So, on Sunday Sept. 7, we once again were given a break from parenting and loaded into a minivan with my brother, sister and both of their significant others and headed south on I69 for some fun and of course food! We stopped at Cheeseburger in Paradise (that's right, I got to eat there twice in one weekend) for a great dinner and then it was on to the game. Obviously, this was our first visit to the new stadium which Brad has dreamed of visiting since he first heard it was going to be built. I must say.....IT'S MASSIVE! The picture does not do it justice. So once we got through security, it was on to the game. We arrived with plenty of time to spare and it was good we did because we had a workout ahead of us and we didn't even know it. Now, please don't take what I'm about to say as me being ungrateful for the tickets because we would have never gone to that game if it wouldn't have been for my parent's buying the tickets for us, they are not cheap! But, if you can just imagine with me for a second, there were only 3 rows behind us and then you were out of seats so we were up pretty high. Nevertheless, we had a great time and were in awe of the building. The National Anthem was sung by Johnny Mathis and they brought out a flag that covered the entire field. As you can see, it is absolutely beautiful. There must have been at least 100 people holding the flag and at the end, they shook it so it looked like it was waving! I had goosebumps. The part that brought tears to my eyes though came at the end when there were 4 choppers that flew over the open roof! To think there are men and women fighting overseas for us so that I had the freedom to attend that game....absolutely breathtaking!


Unfortunately, the Colts lost but we had a great time anyway and it was such a thrill to see the new stadium! What a great place to watch football. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. After the game, we hightailed it for home and arrived back in Fort Wayne at 2:15. Half of the party was able to get out and go to bed while the other half still had an hour of driving to go! I think we were all tired on Monday but I also think we would also say it was worth it! Go Colts! Hopefully the first game isn't an indication of
what's to come this year!





No comments: