My mother-in-law has one of the neatest "hobbies." She LOVES to go to the fabric store, find the cutest fleece that's on sale there and make blankets, scarves, pillows..you name it! So our house is undoubtedly, one of the most well stocked houses when it comes to blankets.
She has made Brad a Cubs blanket, Gabby a fun little design blanket, along with a ballet blanket and a pillow, Carson has his own Colts baby blanket, a zoo animal blanket and now 2 cars blankets, I have a cute little blanket with bees on it and even our dog, Benny has his own little blanket made by grandma. I am pretty sure that I am missing some but those are the ones I remember right off the top of my head. In addition to this, my sister also made Brad a very large Colts blanket and a baby blanket made for Gabby when she was born.
I say all this to tell you that I love them! They are great to cuddle up with when I'm watching t.v. or throw on the bed when I need a little extra warmth and the best part of these blankets is that she has made them tailored to our interests at that time in our lives. So, when the kids get older, their blankets will kind of tell a story of their childhood. I always tell Terri that we have plenty of blankets but I secretly hope she will continue to make them for at least the kids as they grow and form different interests...maybe just one every few years or so! Thank you, Terri for these gifts of love and warmth! They are something we can keep and remember you by for a very long time!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment