Well, I feel like the holiday season officially "kicked off" for me today. I had my first open house here in Ft. Wayne. I did a few of these when we lived in Noblesville and always loved doing it. I usually always had really good turnouts and everyone seemed to enjoy it so I thought "Why not?" Now that the kids are a little older, let's start the tradition here. I must say that I'm either getting older and "not on my game", or having 2 kids to take care of in addition to everything else, really sucks it out of me because I found myself forgetting some small details that I would have never forgotten before!
The open house ran from 10a.m. to 1p.m. today and I had vendors here from Homemade Gourmet, BeautiControl, Southern Living and Party Lite. The vendors all showed up and brought great stuff and everyone that came seemed to really enjoy themselves. I felt like there were a lot of little things that I either didn't get to in preparation for today (like sending out paper invites) or I just plain forgot but overall, it went great and I loved putting it on. I think with each year, it will become more of an event, not just for me but for my friends and family.
After the open house was over, Gabby and I left with my mom and sister to do some shopping at Kohl's and take advantage of all the great sales. Apparently, this was everyone else's idea too because it was crazy there but I did get some Christmas shopping done and was able to cross one person off my list which was a great feeling!
I love this time of the year, not just Christmas but Thanksgiving as well. I love gathering with family and friends and I love decorating our home for this time of year. While we don't have a tree up yet, we do have some other winter decor out and with the warm temps. it feels kind of weird but I'm still excited! So bring on the holidays and let's celebrate the birth of the Christ child, I'm ready!!!!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment