Monday, November 16, 2009

Colts Conversion

This month, marks eleven years that Brad and I have "been together." In April, we will celebrate eight years of marriage. When I first met Brad, I knew that he was a sports finatic and when I say that, I mean totally obsessed with it! He'll watch just about any sport but his biggest passion is football! Growing up, we didn't have a football team in school so I never knew much about the game, nor did I care to learn about it. So, you can imagine how UNimpressed I was to find out he loved it so much! I mean, come on, football games are not just played in a couple of hours and if it goes into overtime, forget it! I might as well leave the house without him if we are supposed to be somewhere, especially if it involves his Colts!

Brad loves the Indianapolis Colts! I joke with him that if he had to rate God, family and Colts, the Colts would actually come in just after God! No kidding! Well, over the years, I have slowly emerged into what I would call a mild football fan. I figure, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Especially when I know Brad's not planning to withdraw from the Colts fan club anytime soon, or ever! He even pulls his chair up 5 feet from our 46 inch screen t.v. So I'm just announcing that I think I'm officially a converted football fan of the Colts! I do love to wear my pink Manning jersey and I'm even starting to enjoy watching the games with him. Although, I don't know what's more fun, watching the Colts win or watching Brad pace the floors during the last 4 minutes, knowing the Colts are down 6 and have a chance to possibly score and win the game! Regardless, it's something we can do together and that makes it all worth it.........after the kids are in bed and I can just sit and watch!

No comments: