Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Making time for coffee

This past Monday, I text a friend to see if she was going to be home. I had some catalog's to return to her and thought I would just drop them by and get myself back home after I took Gabby to school. Let's just say I got up that morning and had slipped right out of my p.j.'s and right into my old red sweats and white t-shirt which, by this time had been splattered with something from lunch. I had been cleaning and trying to get caught up at home with no plans to go anywhere! So, when Kim text me back and asked if I wanted to come in for coffee, I hesitated. I had lots to get done at home and wanted to get Carson down for a nap and yet I am always telling Brad that I have a strong desire to nurture my relationships with friends but don't have either the time or the energy to do it.
So, I decided that a few minutes wouldn't hurt. I ended up spending an hour there, we had a great talk and Carson played hard and took a nice nap when we got home. I got my workout done which then in turn gave me more energy to get things done around the house. It was a win-win all the way around, all because I made time to have coffee with a great friend!

No comments: