Well, spring cleaning has begun in the Beeman home which means, "Let's divide, conquer and get rid of some of this stuff!" I sat down and made a list of things that I wanted to get done around the house this spring. I told Brad the other night that I thought I could do most of it on my own but there were a couple things that I would like to have help with, one of which was cleaning out and organizing our attic. His response was, "Well, go ahead and do it without me, just don't get rid of my baseball cards." The reason for him saying this, I believe, is because he knows I hate storing them and think he should just get rid of them so I think he's keeping them to spite me but, oh well! I've resolved the fact they don't take up that much space so I'll just bite my tongue. That's right Brad, I'm biting it, hard! :)
So let me start off by saying that I love my attic closet. It's adjoined to our walk-in closet and has carpet and shelving. It's really nice but it gets so cluttered because we just throw stuff in there and it doesn't take long until we have to almost move everything out just to get to something. Well, I decided this past Friday was the day...I was gonna start spring cleaning and I was starting with the attic! So, I emailed Brad a friendly little memo letting him know that I would be unloading the attic and stuff would be overtaking our bedroom for 2-3 days while I go through it and decide what we're keeping. If I was going to do this on my own, he would have to grin and bare it a couple of days!
Today is Sunday and......(drum roll please) IT'S DONE! And, it looks so nice! You can walk all the way from the door to the back of the attic and get to anything you need. I feel so much better knowing it's done and even better about the fact that I was able to donate a bunch of stuff to the Burmese community here in Ft. Wayne.
Tomorrow it will be nice to cross the first item off the list and decide what to work on next! Happy Spring!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats! I LOVE that feeling of accomplishment you get after such a big task!
Good for you! Did you read my spring cleaning entry on my blog? There's a great resource for you on there from Simple Mom, if you need one. I ordered it! :)
Post a Comment