Thursday, April 22, 2010

All in a Lunch Hour

I post this only because some day, I hope to look back and think "Those were the good ole days!" I got up this morning, feeling pretty good about the day. The only obstacle (other than the daily things with Carson) is going to be getting Carson so speech without screaming. He's going through a phase right now where he really doesn't care to go and I think it has something to do with the other little boy that's in his session. Anyway...the morning went pretty smoothly, until lunch.
We're currently on week 8 of potty training so let that set the scene. I was standing in the kitchen, trying to figure out what to make for dinner and also asking Gabby what she wants for lunch. After running down the list of possibilities, she finally decides on Macaroni and Cheese. Carson over hears us and comes running out because he loves to help in the kitchen. While he's standing there, in his pajama pants (he had decided to go comando earlier), I suddenly see him start peeing, on the kitchen floor, a long 2 feet from where his potty chair is sitting. Apparently, he suddenly saw it too because he just looked down like he didn't know what to do. So, after the stream stopped, I took off his pants and socks and decided he was going bare bottom method as it's the only one that works.
I begin cleaning up the mess and then wash up to start lunch. I call Carson out to dump the mac into the pan and I put it on the stove. While all this is happening, I have Gabby, sitting at the island playing computer games and requesting I walk over there to see several different pictures of dogs as I guess she thought I would appreciate their cuteness as much as she did at that time.

O.k. back to what I'm making for dinner, what to cook, what to cook. Into the kitchen runs Carson and straight to his potty chair and POOPS! Big party goes on while I'm cleaning him up again and telling him what a good job he did. Oops, there goes the mac boiling over! I run into the kitchen and turn gas down and stir. Gabby has decided she wants to write words on paper but doesn't know how to spell ANYTHING she's wanting to write so she's asking me. I turn from the stove only to find the dog pooping on the floor and I realize I did see him standing at the back door 10 minutes ago but had forgotten. So, back to the floors it is to clean up. I get done and Mac is ready, I wash up and serve kids. Yes, Carson is still naked from the waist down and Gabby has to notice and ask, "Mom, why is Carson's winky out for lunch?" I respond with a very frustrated tone and tell her it's just easier to potty train him that way. This is between her rattling off Earth Day facts to me!

At some point, I get around to making a sandwich and take one bite in time for the kids to demand seconds. I serve them again and finish eating while standing. It makes no sense to sit and eat lunch when you are a mom.

It's now time to round up the kids and get Gabby to school. I am thinking that Carson is "emptied out" so I put him in underwear because we're only going to be gone for 10 minutes max, right. So, he's dressed, Gabby puts Benny in his cage and I take my allergy meds out to take them as my head is pounding and I know it's my allergies when I hear, "I pooped, mommy." Look around.....Carson is not on his POTTY CHAIR! Yep, that's right, he has pooped in his underwear and we are 30 seconds away from needing to leave the house. I instruct him to come over to me and he runs away with which I respond with loud yelling and threats! He finally comes to the bathroom and we clean up and put a pull up on. Load up in the car and take Gabby to school. I'm sitting here blogging and I can't remember if I ever took my meds but my head is still pounding!

And they say, "You're gonna miss this!"

2 comments:

Tarrah said...

your leaving me wonder what i have to look forward to :)

Myah said...

Have another!! :)