I went to my sister's first baby shower today. She is due in August so the reality is really hitting now that I will soon have a new niece here and I am growing anxious! I can't wait to have a tiny baby to love on and then say, "Well, (yawn) I think I'm gonna head home and go to bed. Good-bye!"
The shower was held at my grandma's.....old...house. Her house was sold 3 years ago to a couple that I've known most of my life. They remodeled it and now their grandson, wife and great-grandson live in the house. This was my first visit back since the sale and, it was...bizarre to say the least. I have so many memories from my childhood years built up in this house and before I went in, I remembered it, just as it always was. The second I walked in the front door, it was gone. I had trouble picturing everything, until I saw the desk area that was still in the same spot. I was able to get a few visions back from the way things used to be but it was difficult.
It wasn't my grandma's house anymore.
Was it beautiful? Absolutely.
Am I happy this couple has made that place home? I couldn't have chosen anyone better myself. They take excellent care of it and have it looking very nice. They certainly don't lack "pride of ownership" as Brad would say. But there is a certain sadness that goes with it.
I don't know, just some thoughts.....
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment