Sunday, June 13, 2010

Two Nieces....Two Stages

I've been thinking a lot this week. In August I will be an aunt to a new niece. My second niece. When I got married, Lauren became my niece and I'm so proud of her. She graduated high school this year and is planning to attend IPFW this fall. She is on her way and has grown so much since I met her when she was 6.

On the other side of the family, I have a niece who has not even entered this crazy world yet. As I look back, I don't always feel that I've done a good job of being an aunt. I was young and newly married and not really thinking about others, and then I had my own kids and became a mom. I'm hoping to make up for that with Lauren during her college years by having her here in Fort Wayne. I'm also hoping to be more aware of my responsibilities as an aunt with Katelyn and support my sister and brother in law in raising her.

No comments: