That's right friends! Have you thought about the fact that we are half way to Christmas? Well, I have....don't know why but I did! It's hard to believe the year is half over already. I took a little stroll down memory lane to look at the resolutions I blogged about in January and to judge myself to see how I'm doing. I gotta admit, not too shabby!
I still haven't lost the 10 lbs. I want to lose but more importantly, I am spending more time with the kids. We've made a few trips to the park, a few to the zoo, LOTS of time outside, when it's not raining, playing on the swing set and we've even had a few picnics in the backyard for lunch. I bought Brad a firepit for Father's Day and we've had s'mores with the kids, which Gabby thought was GREAT! We've had trips to the library on chilly spring days and I was able to go with Gabby on one of her last kindergarten field trips (thanks, mom for watching Carson that day). With summer being here and in full swing, we've spent a lot of time IN THE WATER! Yeah for water on a hot day. We've been to the lake and the pool quite frequently, all while my house sits in filth but I've learned to let it go and not worry so much. Brad helps quite a bit around the house so that is a blessing and we're hoping in the near future, that I will be able to slow down on my cleaning business and be able to focus even more time on the kids and our own house.
MOPS ended in May and while it's been a bittersweet ending to a 3 year chapter of my life, I am learning to not commit myself to new things right now so I can stay home and focus on serving my family. They've shared me for over 3 years with our church and while I loved serving, it's time for me to let it go and serve at home for awhile. My kids need me, my husband needs me and I need me!
It's been a great summer so far, I hope it doesn't fly me by too quickly!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment