Monday, August 2, 2010

Braggin on my Man

So...I wanted to take a little time to brag on Brad. When we first got married....well....let's just start off by saying we were "DINKS" (Dual income no kids) so, if something broke down, there was a pretty good chance we would run out and buy a new one of it before we would even think about fixing it. Stupid, I know. So, as we've had kids and now that the house has hit it's 11 year mark, there have been little things that have started to break down....for example, the toilet flusher...o.k. so people don't typically run out and just buy a new toilet! But, Brad spent two hours one night taking it apart and putting a new one on. Way to go, Brad! Two points!
Then, it wasn't long and the doorknob in the laundry room that goes out to our garage broke and he fixed it. O.k. I get it, that was easy, right?!

So here it comes, the not so easy task....a couple weeks ago, my oven stopped working. I realized it one day when the kitchen reeked of gas and there was no heat in the oven. In fact, Brad came into the house one that night a little concerned because he could smell gas in the garage! We didn't have the money to buy a new one and I gotta admit, the thought of Brad messing around with a gas oven brought visions of our kitchen blowing up! HOWEVER, my man came home that night, looked at the oven and then googled it and found the problem. He ordered the part for $30 and Voila! my oven works and I'm a happy girl!

Did I mention that he painted my laundry room while he was home for a week? Thanks, Brad! I love how you strive to keep things running and looking nice around here! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: