Everyone experiences days in their lives in which they will never forget...a wedding, the day you became a parent, being baptized......today was one of those days for me. (Refer to the post previous to this.) Kaitlyn, my new niece, came into the world today and I was one of the first to meet her.
The day was emotional to start out as I was trying to leave Fort Wayne to go to Elkhart (2 hours away) as soon as I dropped off the kids with a friend, I got a text that Jen's water had broke. I don't know why, but panic hit, like I didn't think she could be born without me in the building. After getting stuck behind every car that wanted to drive 10 under the speed limit, I finally arrived at the hospital. I think I must have been bookin it through the building as there was a man that literally moved to the side of the hall when he saw me coming through.
I got to spend about an hour with Jen and before we knew it, she had dilated from 4 to 10 in about 30 minutes and it was time to push. So...my brother and I, along with Josh's mom, left the room to join some other anxious grandparents in the waiting room.
After 2 hours of pushing and 1 hour of some required "skin to skin" time between mother and baby, we were finally allowed to meet Katy. I saw God in that precious baby and was again reminded how amazing our God is. There is a special bond between sisters and just knowing that she was my niece, there was a different kind of love there.
I hated leaving the hospital and I miss her like crazy already. I can't wait until Brad gets home from work Friday so we can go see her. I know Gabby will be ready to meet her and so will Brad, it's been 18 years since he's welcomed a niece into the world.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment