Yep! Wow! 37 weeks! I can hardly believe it. Where did the rest of summer go? This past Saturday, we hit 97 degrees, today is Tuesday and we didn't even make it to 70 much less 65! Fall is in the air and I am missing summer but with the temperatures turning cooler, that also means our newest blessing is that much closer to arriving! In fact, we anticipate seeing her any day now.
The last four to six weeks have been a bit of a struggle. I haven't been feeling too well and my body has been progressing toward delivery slowly....but surely. Each appt. at the doctor has revealed that we were a bit closer. Around 33 weeks, I had to stop cleaning the house and office I had been working for and take some time for light bedrest. The doctor never put me on strict bedrest but did instruct that I really needed to be taking it easy. I'm not saying this to brag but my job here in this house as a mom and housewife is to keep things orderly, clean and groceries in the house. I have been unable to do any of those and it has bothered me more than I ever thought it would. Brad has been great at pitching in and helping but there's something about having to watch him go to work all day and then come downstairs and either cook or go pick up food and then pick up the house and clean it that really sent me into a funk. I also do the grocery shopping and it's been hard to not be able to do that.
A few weeks ago, I needed to get some things that I wanted to pick out for myself since they were personal things I would need once the baby arrived. So Brad, Carson and I had breakfast out and Brad took me to Target that morning. I already knew that I would need to ride in one of those motorized carts when I got there because just walking across a parking lot would put me into contractions but I had no idea how humbling it would be once I was actually in the cart, wheeling through the store. I don't ever want to do that again. I felt like people were looking at me thinking, "What's the pregnant lady doing in the motor cart? She doesn't look that pregnant to me!"
We are all anxious to meet the newest member of our family! Sometimes the hardest part is waiting but it won't be too much longer now!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment