Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bittersweet

I feel like the last week or so, I' ve been checking off a list of "Top Ten Signs You're Going Into Labor" and it's kind of bittersweet. After spending over four weeks of not feeling well and having to stay down, with limited activity, I am finally able to be up and going. It's nice! This past weekend was Labor Day weekend. I woke up on Saturday, after having had a really good night's sleep and felt great! I seriously felt like a new person! And it continued into Sunday and Monday, so much so that I even went bowling with the family on Monday and bowled a 117, which was enough to beat Brad! Let's hear it for the pregnant lady! :)

Now here I am today, it's Tuesday and my energy is back down and I'm not feeling so hot! It leaves me wondering, what's next? Check that sudden burst of energy off the list!

The bittersweet part comes in the fact that while I have loved being pregnant (until the last month or so) I'm also ready to see her sweet face but then, (here comes the selfish part of me) once she's here, I have to share her with the world and I know I will miss all the kicks and squirms that I have been feeling since 20 weeks along. Not to mention, there will be the sleepless nights and 3 different schedules to tend to. I'm not sure how Carson is going to transition with a baby in the house either. How will the kids do without me being home for a couple days? How will delivery go?

All things that run through my head when I can't sleep some nights.....bittersweet!

No comments: