Thursday, September 8, 2011

Waiting

I'm not good at it....waiting....the kind of waiting where you just don't know how long you're going to be, "waiting." I'm very much an organizer and a planner. I don't mind "flying by the seat of my pants" OCCASIONALLY, but I don't want to make it a way of life.

I went in for my 37 week appointment today, only to find out that I really have not progressed much over the last week. This news wouldn't have been so disappointing to me had I not had contractions yesterday from 4 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and then again from 7p.m. to 10:30 last night. There's something about those contractions that gets you excited! You can feel the end in sight and know that all the work your body is doing for you is going to get your little blessing here in your arms.

While I have had some better days lately, I've also felt anxious, feeling like it's close but then finding out today that I hadn't dilated anymore really bummed me out. It's my prayer that this little girl will come in God's time, so for now.....

I keep waiting.................

No comments: