of things, that is. It has been one week since Gabby trotted off to school and I must say, it feels good! It is nice to get back into somewhat of a "routine" and be home more. I feel like I've gotten a lot of little things done around the house that I've been needing to do and we've also started our school year off right with a case of colds! Gabby had to stay home from school on Monday as she was running a low grade fever and complaining of headache and congestion. As kids do, she is pretty much fully recovered by today and is running around the house, lively as ever. But, as with 99% of the illness that comes into this house, it doesn't just stop with the first victim. I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I thought it was my allergies but it's only gotten worse and tonight Carson was starting to sound congested so I think it's just the beginning of a long cold/flu season! Brad asked if he was next and I told him just to give it a couple of days and it would be his turn.
On a high note, Gabby is LOVING school! It's apparent that she still gets a little nervous before she gets out of the car but she soon forgets and is running toward the school door. She is having fun experiencing the fun special classes as well. So far, I think computer might be her favorite. Having a choice of milk is also exciting. Here is a piece of conversation that we had last week after her first full day...
Me: Hey Gabby! How was school today?
Gabby: Mom, it was great, and you'll never believe this....we got to choose what kind of milk we wanted and we could choose between regular, skim, chocolate or strawberry. It was so cool!
Brad and I had to laugh later that night when I was telling him about it. He said, if you went anywhere else and that's all they offered, we'd be so mad but a kindergartener thinks it's the greatest thing in the world! I think Brad would agree with me when I say that we really do try to point out the little things in life as keys to happiness in our kids. So, we're happy that she is happy!
I have found that the time that Gabby has been in school has allowed me to spend extra time with Carson, clean or even just lay down and take a nap. No matter what I've done, I've felt it was well spent after the busy summer we had. The first week has gone fast, but it's been great!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment