Well, it's 2:20 and I survived. WAIT...I think this is supposed to be more about her than me but it really doesn't feel that way. What a wonderfully sad day this has been. I must say it felt good to be in a room full of 24 other parent's that probably felt the same way. I talked to at least 3 other moms who were going through this for the first time too with their little girls. "Mixed emotions" seemed to be the overwhelming feeling among us all. When we arrived in her classroom, it was a buzz with kids and parents travelling around to various centers in the room to work and play with different things. The teacher then provided a snack for the kids while she talked to the parents and then the kids were left with her while we went and heard from the Literacy Leader of the school. Gabby was hesitant to see me leave the room but by the time I got back, she had a smile on her face and told me how much fun she had! There is a another little girl from our church in her classroom as well as two girls from our addition so I think she will make many great friends this year! I left excited too as I got to meet the moms of these girls and it looks like even I might make some new friends. Maybe this kindergarten thing will turn out o.k. afterall!
Sidenote: I found out our school provides preschool classes for ages 3-5. Carson, how can we get you signed up?! The room is right across from your sisters so she can report back to mom on how you are behaving!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment