There's no doubt this weekend was tough (refer to previous post). I am tired and drained. I have nothing to give. It's 10:15 and I just got off the couch and am debating on whether I should get dressed.
Losing a pet is hard, especially when that pet was allowed in your home and became a part of the family. Before you have kids, losing a pet is devastating. I remember losing my bunny that I had in college. He had suddenly fell ill also and died at the vets office. It's an awful feeling to get the call that your pet is gone and then they ask, "How would you like to pay the bill?" at 2a.m. even if it is just a rabbit. Before you have kids, your pets are your "babies." They are everything to you, you love them, take care of them and enjoy them so when you lose them, you feel like you've lost the world.
I found this weekend that after you have kids, losing a pet is hard and it's sad but it pails in comparison to the thought of having to lose a child. I don't know how parents that have lost a child, or more than one even go on. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I think of it. I just don't think I could continue living. Even when the world seems all wrong, your children are your everything. To lose them is just unimaginable for me. So while I am struggling because I miss the cute things that Nomar did and how good she was with the kids, I am grateful it was a pet and not a child. The hardest part is just helping Gabby grieve. Her pets are her world. One day, she will experience a "difficult change of perspective" too, and I hope I'm here to talk with her about it.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment