"Be still and know that I am God." A verse I don't think about enough and follow enough. The past couple of Sunday's our pastor has been talking about slowing down and making room for LIFE. We live in such a fast paced world that we often forget what that means and the importance of slowing down to just rest, and hear what God is telling us. Sometimes, we get so caught up on "being busy" that we forget to slow down and take care of the things that are really important. This includes rest, that's right....good old sleep! It's hard to slow our minds down at night because of all the stimulus we take in during a day's time. We also spend a lot of time living in the future instead of the here and now. We're caught up thinking about what's coming next or how we're gonna make the next big buck. Don't get me wrong, with the economy the way it is, there are times we need to think that way just to survive.
I don't know where I'm going with this. Maybe just to say that there are some things I can't discuss right now that Brad and I are struggling with and today's sermon really hit home.
"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD." Two instructions. Simply put.
I shared with Brad today how I really think we need to just take some time to slow down and hear what God is really trying to say to us. The hard part about this is that sometimes, it just takes time. For now....I am going to try to be patient...and still....and know that HE is there. Every. Step. Of. The. Way.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment