Thursday, September 9, 2010

Time for a post...

I think it's time for an update...actually, it's time for a lot of updates but here's a short one. Now that Carson's in preschool, I plan to get more posted on here but bear with me a couple weeks.

So we've got big news here at the Beeman house! Miracles DO happen! Carson is almost potty trained over the course of 1 week! YES! There is a God!

I was recently given a tip by a girl I graduated high school with on something new I could try with Carson. Something very similar to what I've tried before but not quite the same. So, last Friday, I took Carson with me to Meijer to get some groceries. While there, we visited the toy aisle. I let him pick out a Buzz Lightyear matchbox car, which is pretty cute by the way. We brought it home and put it on the shelf in the bathroom. I then explained to him that we were not going to open the toy until he filled a sticker chart by going to the potty all by himself, while also wearing clothes. We were seeing a lot of his little naked behind because it was the only way he would go on his own. Otherwise, I had to always remember to take him and it was wearing on me. Keep in mind, we've been working on this consistantly since the end of February.

I also explained to him that I would award him with a sticker and a skittle every time he went to the potty by himself. I haven't really acknowledged the accidents, just changed him and went on.

I am elated and proud to say that in the last 6 days, we have had 3 accidents. He's even told me when we're out in public or the car and been able to hold it until we get to a bathroom. So, tomorrow will complete our one week sticker chart and Carson will get his car! I think he's excited but I think I may be even more so! Gonna have to head out tomorrow and get another reward for the shelf. I swear I'll buy $3 match cars for a year if I have to!

No comments: