I always said that if I never had any boys, Gabby would be it. When she was little, she loved climbing on things from about 9 months old and she was always looking for things to fix. One of her all time favorite toys was her tool box that her dad got her after she caught a couple of episodes of Disney's Handy Manny. She would walk around the house asking me what I needed fixed and she was on the job immediately. I even remember her playing fix it shop one day and answering her phone saying, "Handy Manny's Repair Shop, I break it, you fix it." I had to laugh knowing she got the greeting a little mixed up but she didn't care, she knew what she meant. She still loves to fix things for me and rough house with her dad but now that I have Carson, I realize she was nowhere close to being like a boy in her play methods.
Although Carson is a little behind where Gabby was with climbing on things, he is catching up very quickly and not skipping a beat. I had to take him off of a chair several times today as he would struggle to climb up on it, facing backwards and grab the back of the chair. He then would stand there and wait for me to find him and as soon as I did, he started rocking it as hard as he could. Please note, we are not talking about a rocking chair, we are talking about a chair with 4 legs, our dining chairs.
Not only has he mastered the chairs, he has mastered the table. I brought a load of laundry upstairs today and was not up for very long before i heard my salt and pepper shakers banging on the tiles that cover the table. As I got downstairs and walked into the kitchen he saw me and there was sudden laughter! I was torn as part of me wanted to laugh with him and the other part of me was ready to shake him! There are many times that I find myself shaking my head as I am just not sure what to do with him. With him being at such a young age, I have already tried time out, restraining and a couple of times even spanking and nothing seems to get his attention. So there are days I'm at wits end and I keep praying for patience and there are days I shake my head, enjoy the season that we are in and say, "boys will be boys!"
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pray for the patience to deal with your blessings!
I am glad that I work in insurance, we are going to need! He is a bowling ball in a China shop. Good thing he has got that smile that will get him out of anything.
Post a Comment