Sunday, April 6, 2008

God, grant me patience....PLEASE!

As I look back on today, I remember lots of sunshine and little giggles but I also remember MANY times where my patience was tested, time and time again. The sermon today was such a blessing to me and a fine reminder that even when I feel like I'm losing it, God is there. It was about peace and patience. Here are some notes that stand out in my mind:
Peace is not passive, you can pursue it in prayer.
God's delays are designed to develop us, not deny us!
In order for our spiritual fruits to grow and bloom, we need to prune back the branches that are not flourishing for they are only taking spiritual nutrition from us.
I sat at the dinner table tonight with my family, between my two children who were then not exercising the best behavior. At one point, I really thought I might just lose my mind and at one point, slammed a cup down in front of Gabby. At that time, my eyes met Brad's and I got a look that told me I needed to "cool it." He stopped me in my tracks for a few seconds but then I was back to reality and trying to deal with Carson who was screaming in his seat and not eating any dinner. I finally took Carson out of his seat and sent him into the other room while Gabby and I finished eating. After dinner, Brad took the kids outside so I could clean up and I found myself watching him and listening to them out on the swing set. I sat there and thought to myself, what did I do to deserve such a loving and patient husband? Even at his most frustrated, he doesn't seem like he's "losing it." I am so blessed to have a husband that takes an active part in our children's lives, cleaning the house and being home if I need to leave for an appointment or something MOPS related and he never complains.
One of the verses that stuck out to me today was this:
"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything...if you do this, you will experience God's peace....His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." Phill. 4:6-7.

So my prayer this week is this.....that God would give me the patience I need to deal with my sometimes crazy life and that I would be a better "patience rolemodel" for my children and to create a more calm home for my family. Brad, if you're reading this, I am so happy you are in my life. Your patience with me is priceless and I love you so much!

3 comments:

Stan Buck said...

Good word Stacy - you've got a good man there in Brad too! Your blog is a great encouragementto others - keep it up!

Pastor Stan

J. Brad said...

Stacy,

It is easier to deal with our "crazy" little ones when I get to escape to the office for 8 to 9 hours per week day. You are an amazing mother! Don't forget that.

How to laid back people like me and you got these high energy children, I will never know. However, I know you agree with me that we wouldn't change them for anything. They are magical.

I love you! Brad

NICUTransportismylife said...

Hi Stacy-
I love having a little glimpse into your world. I started a blog last year but haven't done much with it in the turmoil of school and work, still love to read them though. Thanks for the verse about patience, too. I needed that.
Renita