Wednesday, April 16, 2008

God answers prayer.

It has been an interesting week here. I recently started reading a new book entitled, "The Dream Giver" and for those of you that have not read it or heard of it, I recommend it. In a nutshell, the book is about finding what it is your heart most desires for yourself and trusting God to help make it happen. While reading the book, I really didn't feel that I had any "big dreams" at the time but it was good because it forced me to think about my life now and where it's headed not only in me as an individual but as a family unit. As I read, I was reminded of another book I once read, "The Prayer of Jabez", another phenominal book that talks about prayer and how you can ask God to "enlarge your territory" and bless you in your life.

I have a family member who I love dearly and have watched work so hard and yet just when they think things are getting financially better, something else goes wrong. The car goes out, a trip to the doctor is needed, etc..... Do you know anyone like that or are you in that boat? I must say I have been there and still revisit that same place sometimes. Well, this loved one has had car troubles for some time now and has made repair after repair and it was finally to the point that it was better to get a new car than keep fixing the old one. Knowing that Brad and I were not financially able to help them, I decided to let prayer be my guide and trust that God would make everything o.k. because I knew how much distress our loved one was in knowing that their car could break down at any time. I am so excited because this person has found a way to get a new car on a lease and be able to make payments that are comfortable for them.....GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!

At the end of last week, Brad and I were talking and he shared with me that he was working on some big accounts for his business but wished he could get some smaller ones too, he felt like he was kind of at a standstill and would have to start doing some more cold calling which is not exactly his forte`. That night, as I lay in bed, I just prayed that God would expand his territory and bring him new clients so that his business could continue to flourish. The very next day, he met with a new couple and was able to help them out with several small accounts. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!

As you may or may not know, I started cleaning house for a family last fall and really love it. Yes, I love to clean when I don't have two little ones following me around to pull things right back out. Well, I've been thinking lately that I would like to take on a little more cleaning because it would be nice to have the extra money so I started praying that God would expand my territory and have gotten 4 calls in the last week. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!

Lastly, I need to brag on my mom for a little bit. She started a new diet about 3 weeks ago and while it is hard on her and she is having to sacrifice a lot for it, the end result is going to be better health. I know she is frustrated because the scales are not showing quite what she'd like them to but she is sticking with it. Mom, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Hang in there! It means a lot to me that you are doing this and I know once you start exercising with it, it's going to get a lot better! Don't give up! I'm praying for you!

I share all of this with you not so that it makes me look like a huge prayer warrior but so that you can see that God does answer prayer and he is always there ready to listen. I do realize that he worked pretty fast for me this week, he may make me wait next time but I do believe that he's there and he wants to help if we will just believe in him!

"Ask and you shall receive..."

1 comment:

Myah said...

God is sooo good!!!